The COVID-19 crisis made me realize even more how dependent we are on disposable products and, consequently, multinationals. You would like an example? Hundreds of nervous consumers began "hoarding" toilet paper because they were afraid that stores would run out... Yet, today we have local and ecological solutions that allow us to eliminate single use products from our lives...
COVID-19: why choose reusable products now?
By purchasing reusable products made here during the pandemic, you:
- avoid unnecessary outings and waiting lines where you must respect the famous two meters distance (especially if you buy online😉);
- decrease your anxiety related to the spread of the virus and lack of products;
- become independent;
- save money in the long run;
- support local businesses;
- reduce your ecological footprint;
- protect the environment.
COVID-19: which disposable products could you replace right now?
There are thousands of solutions on the market! For example, think of the menstrual cup to replace tampons... The problem is that we are used to throwing things away... It's fast and easy. No puzzle here! But above all, it's truly a shame! The multinationals are very happy to see us fill our baskets with disposable products. This assures their production... almost forever. The problem is that all these single use products are filling dumpsites and taking years, if not centuries, to decompose!
You don't know where to start? Here are a few suggestions for easily replacing disposable products by reusable products!
- Fabric softening sheets (DelycaStef)
- Plastic bottles
- Breastfeeding pads
- Cotton swabs (The future is bamboo)
- Baby diapers
- Sponges (DelycaStef)
- Paper towels (DelycaStef)
- Paper coffee filters
- Nitrile or latex gloves
- Wipes (DelycaStef)
- Paper muffin liners
- Straws and plastic utensils (OLA Bamboo, The future is bamboo)
- Toilet paper
- Parchment paper and aluminium foil
- Facial tissues (DelycaStef)
- Plastic wrap (DelycaStef, La P'tite Fabrique)
- Plastic dishes
- Duster (Créations Mayana)
- Razors (LePrince Barbu)
- Snack bags (Créations Mado, Saksac, Oya)
- Freezer bags (Saksac, Oya)
- Table napkins
- Feminine pads (Öko Créations)
- Make up remover pads (Öko Créations, OLA Bamboo)
Every day at Twiggzy, we try to find new suppliers and products to fill your needs. If you have any suggestions, do not hesitate to let us know!
Thank you in advance!